Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Groupon?

Array

great points patrysha....and id love to know more about their houses....it would help me buy right...im working on this idea...thanks...
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

I have bought a $50 gift card for only $25 for the Gap store. I still have to use it, but can't beat that. And I also saved on a haircut using it. Pretty cool but you got to be sure to check them out daily for that day's deal.
    Twitter: ShredderClay Tumblr: Shredder-Clay Recycle with your Paper Shredder, let me give you a few pointers how... use them in crafts, in shipping, in your compost pile....

Array

Patrysha - your ideas are good old-fashioned tried and true marketing tips that we all should be doing. But, it's not going to get you 600+ customers overnight. check out their website and see what it's all about.
    Steve B

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

I receive daily e-mails from Groupon for my area, and there are a lot of great deals. Some businesses can handle the business that comes there way, but others I can see would hurt significantly. Specifically and business with small facilities. I've seen restaurants that would be unable to meet the demand based on these Groupon's, and some sole proprietors (photographers namely) offer services. Seems like a nice influx of business, but not everyone will be able to handle it.
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."

Array

I've been there and I do know what it's about...been following the story for a while actually. If I'm not mistaken it was a case-study for some marketing website or another last year. I LOVE community geared stuff and shared marketing tactics, but I was responding to Ann's question about what to do on Facebook which does have to rely on the old fashioned stuff if a business is not investing dollars for the more elaborate stuff.

Array

it sounds to me like a lot of groupon users might have the goal of only shopping when they get a big discount.... ,and you would sure save a whole lot of money in a year using those kinds of deals..it really helps degrade the idea of paying full price for anything..which is a big problem in retail already......
    . ....maybe they are the super bargain hunters who wouldnt be likely full price customers later..
    .. i doubt if it will get to my small town anyway....guess i better look it up....i would like it at 20 percent off but thats probably not enough....and im assuming its not for small towns anyway...
    p.s. their website is really good.... imho...bright and cheery and easy to see whats going on....
    Last edited by greenoak; 08-25-2010 at 08:38 AM.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

So that's what that is. I keep seeing the ads all over the web and on sites where I have adsense (yes I still have a few, don't ask me why) it's the banner ad I see the most for the last few months now.
    Sounds like a good deal.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I've heard a lot about Groupon but it is mostly in the larger cities. I live in a smaller city in Northern Michigan and there isn't a lot going on for my area, at least not yet, so I haven't tried it.

From a business building standpoint, it sounds like it might be worth a try if you're in a larger area. You'd have to calculate your potential ROI pretty carefully, but if you make the right sort of offer it could be worth it.

Array

I got a little feedback today from their competitor (Living Social). She said my pet food delivery may not meet their requirements because the business is supposed to have a physical location. She liked everything else about how my business might work with their coupon so she said she would see if she could make an exception. She told me they keep 40% of the revenue generated from the coupon (I heard Groupon is 50%). If the chose to run my coupon - it could be a huge increase in business for me. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Steve B

Registered Member
    Array

I just registered the website by accident today.But I didn't check their website carefully. I just noticed that they will send email to me everyday. To be frank, I don't like it. But I think it is a successful case about viral marketing.