Thread: custom tax

Registered Member
    Array

Default custom tax

These days, we always buy something from online shop. If we buy from abroad on the net, then ask them to send the goods buy express. Do we have to pay custom tax? I heard custom detained someone's clothes bought from abroad. Is this right?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Not that I'm aware of. I would think taxes would be collected by the site as part of the sale if they're necessary.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Registered Member
    Array

I also think the online shop should pay for the tax. But I guess most shops don't do it. That bring about a lot of problems.

The customer will need to pay taxes if any when received by customs on his end. At least that is the way I ship things. Your shipper can charge you customs tax if you so elect when shipping. At least DHL does that.

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

A custom tax is a tax on imports into a country, and is paid by the receiver, not the shipper.
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Oh it's custom as in passing through customs and not custom as in unique. That makes sense.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals