Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wordpress Blues

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

What I am seeing is that you are hand coding simple things that the software is already programmed to do and the code you are using is conflicting with the natural functions. You don't have to switch to HTML and hand code it...because you are in essence placing code to override what it already does.

For future reference, here is a video on placing images, video and audio in posts:
    Embedding photos, video & audio into your posts « WordPress.tv

It's a publishing software. It already does it with the click of a few buttons and settings of your choice to justify, resize, add a border, set spacing and padding, add a gallery of images what ever you want to do. You don't have to do it manually.

You only need to drop code when you want to do something fancy, which you aren't doing.

Also here's a quick article about using tables in Wordpress.com
    How to make html tables for your WordPress blog « onecoolsitebloggingtips
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 08-13-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Array

What I understand you to be saying, Harold, is that you cannot swirch between Visual and HTML - you have to choose one and stick with it. That is exactly what I found. In some instances, the mere fact of opening the other window changed the code, even though one might have made no changes oneself.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, they say. I had enough knowledge to change some things I didn't like, but not so much knowledge that I wouldn't do some damage!

I would have abandoned WP at the outset if I was unable to increase the size of the font and/or change the font face. Neither of these can be accomplished from the Visual window, so I was forced into the HTML window. Which I am glad for - it enabled me to do a few other things, too, like change the line spacing and add some white space.

All's well that ends well. : ) Thanks for your help.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    What I understand you to be saying, Harold, is that you cannot swirch between Visual and HTML - you have to choose one and stick with it. That is exactly what I found. In some instances, the mere fact of opening the other window changed the code, even though one might have made no changes oneself.
    No, not at all. I'm just staying that you can save some time and frustration by letting the software work for you. Things like image justification, spacing and padding are simple settings in your individual image settings and don't require you to hand code them.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 08-14-2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Clear up confusion