Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New vBulletin Publishing Suite

Array

I have been thinking seriously about that switch - but with the sponsors I have I can't make too many changes but I'm ready to make the switch. Personally I have a huge industry that might like the blogging features.

I also maintain a couple licenses of older versions that I really like the simplicity of them. So I'm not sure if I'll upgrade them or buy a new suite
    Always listen to the experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. Robert Heinlein

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

You mean making the switch to the Publishing Suite or switching away from vBulletin? I like the idea of the Publishing Suite, but I'm not crazy about how vBulletin does much of anything on the backend. I think they make everything more complicated than it needs to be. It's old software that probably could have used a complete rewrite at some point that it's never gotten so it still does a number of things in ways that few would ever consider doing now.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Staying with the VB and adding or switching Publishing Suite . I started my other forum with post nuke and had the "add your news" feature but in reality it wasn't much of a hit. I find that people want to get their story out, but they don't want to do the work - So that will be part of the decision in making the switch or not. The jury's still out on this.
    Always listen to the experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. Robert Heinlein

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

It's hard to know if the Publishing Suite would be the right move for you. It's not incredibly expensive, though it's not exactly cheap either. The blogging features were easy enough to set up. You'd have to be careful though. I wouldn't turn them on here for all accounts since I think it would just be a spam magnet. You'd probably want to turn it on only for select member groups and then create a group with blogging privileges. You can turn the privileges on and off per group which is nice.

The main CMS is more like a way to create pages outside the forum or blogs.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals