Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Link Building

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Just came across a good post on nofollow 101. Since we were talking about it I thought it might add something to the discussion here.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

whew.... though it was going to be about sculpting... he he....
    Massive search geek and web wanderer
    SEO Blog - SEO Training - SEO Services

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Nope, just the basics of what nofollow is and how it came about.

I can see how PR sculpting can be useful for a few things, but I'm not sure it's worth becoming a slave to it like some people seem to be.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Array

Quote Originally Posted by vangogh View Post
    Nope, just the basics of what nofollow is and how it came about.

I can see how PR sculpting can be useful for a few things, but I'm not sure it's worth becoming a slave to it like some people seem to be.
    Well jeez.... back in the day understanding how to use internal linking (and site structure) to show which pages one wanted to be more prominent was an SEO skill... now using WMT and nofollow are lazy excuses for doing it the right way.

Call me an old dog, but my methods haven't changed and I don't really need either to control the flow of juice in a site.... ;0)
    Massive search geek and web wanderer
    SEO Blog - SEO Training - SEO Services

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

The majority of the things I do haven't changed either. Early on I knew not to chase the latest trick of the day and focus on getting the basics right. Amazing how many times I see other people crying on forums about their traffic tanking after some recent change, while my sites still rank just where they had been.

this was a lot of great ideas on how to get links to your website. thanks guys. I have done a lot of article writing and submitted them as well as social bookmarking. it seems the hours i spend doing the internet promotion definitely pays off though.
    A great way to promote your business is to do it with Custom Chocolate Gifts. Visit Choc's Away!

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Glad we could help with some ideas Lena. I know we've probably talked about a lot of different things so always feel free to ask more questions if and when you have them.