Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Facebook Page. Too Much or is it missing something?

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Just because someone has multiple pages, doesn't mean they have multiple profiles. From what I have seen FB has been really good at catching multiple profiles, particularly with opportunist that start profiles with disposable email addresses with the intention of flipping pages...unless you are doing that, there really is no reason to do it. They have even lowered the requirement for a custom URL down to 25 fans, from 100. They are making it really easy for people to operate within the T.O.S.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Sorry, I meant setting up a Fan page for business and using your profile for personal. The basic idea remains that of keeping personal and business separate.

It would be impossible for Facebook to prevent all people from opening multiple profiles. How can they realistically know that 2 different email address belong to the same person? In some cases it's probably not to hard to figure out, but in others it would be close to impossible. Having a rule in place is one thing. Being able to police that rule is another.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I don't think anyone can police anything 100 percent, but they do catch people all of the time...it may not be instantly. I see people complaining all the time that their profile was disabled after weeks or months of activity, only to find out that it was their second profile.
    For instance, a lot of people think that having one account as their business name and one account for their personal stuff is acceptable and it isn't.

I think FB has taken the more accommodating role of instead of punishment, they have made it extremely easy to follow the rules. Tons of page options without limitations on how many you can have.

It really just seems to be an effort to have some accountability for your actions on Facebook and cut down on the amount of anonymous accounts. Anonymous accounts are mainly created to spam or do some kind of desirable activity.which is the problem with most platforms like this...the ability to avoid any accountability for your actions.
    I think it has been a good way to deter spam accounts, they are very low on Facebook.

Very rarely is an account or actions not traceable to a real person.