Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "Thanks to the Admins." needs a bump

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

There are still some people left that would be nice to see pop in here. A couple dropped by today. I know some don't post often, but do consistently visit every few months. Hopefully they'll manage to find us.

I think what people miss about forums that leads to mismanagement is that a forum is only as good as the community there. Members always come and go, but there's still a consistent community through it all.

The forum admins and moderators lead things in the rules set and the way we post, etc, but still it's all about the community. Those now in charge of the old forum didn't see us as a community of people. They viewed us as a commodity for their business. They assumed that we'd always be there regardless of what actions they took. They were wrong.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I think you're right vangogh. Moderators and admins can set the tone and police the spam and such, but the real heart of any forum is the members. If you don't appreciate them and listen to them and make the forum a welcoming place for them, they'll all move on.

A forum is only as good as the people that post on it. The danger comes when those who own and run the forum forget that.

Array

How do you see a list of admins and moderators, it seems to only be a members list without an option to search by the type of member.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

On the home page look just below the threads for the link "Forum Leaders" You're still listed as a mod.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals