Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: vBulletin Update

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

I thought I landed on the wrong website for a moment! But certainly this does look very "fresh"!
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."

Array

Just checking in after a few days. Very nice, VanGough. I zoomed in the font in Firefox for my old eyes. It looks fresh and new.

FYI, I was making a post, clicked advanced, had to sign in again and lost the post.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Definitely a new look to the place and I imagine some people won't realize where they are for a moment. Hopefully most people figure it out quickly enough.

Bill I'm guessing there was a considerable time between when you first logged in and when you clicked the advanced button. The forum is probably signing you out after a period of inactivity, which probably occurred before you wrote the post. If I remember similar things happened when we originally installed the forum. I've noticed myself getting signed out a little more often. I'll look around to see if there's a setting.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I like it. Cleaner and more modern looking than the old forum. It's a good change, I think.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I think so too. There are some differences in the navigation and I'm still adjusting to things. I'm waiting to see how things go once most people are back after the holiday weekend. So far I like the change overall and hopefully I can make a few tweaks to bring back some things we may have lost.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

If you saw the forum navigation doing some funky things in the last few minutes that was me.

I managed to get the Today's Posts link back. For now it's right next to the New Posts link under the Forum tab, though I may look for a better places to add it. I found some code to add a drop down so we could check posts from the last day or week or month or however many days I want to set. It didn't quite work, but I'll give it another shot later.

Array

Oohhh pretty!

Been a few days since I've had a chance to pop over and I like the new look. Will poke around a bit more now
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Most everything is still here Jenn. Some things moved to different places, but hopefully you'll be able to find what you use most often right away.

Array

VB4 does have some pretty nice features, but honestly, I'm not a big fan of the default design that comes with it at all.

Hopefully you'll be able to find a few (maybe even unique?) vB skins that look good.