Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Marketing Question...

Array

great post eborg..its sad ..people are always telling businesses to sell on line, .....and sell to the world!!! like its an easy thing....
    you described the huge effort...i believe that totally...maybe i will file it for future reasons when i get advised to do it...the retail press tells the stores to do it all the time.... i know a couple of winners...out of dozens who tried...
    .and besides the effort/all the things you mentioned.......you have to actually have something people would want and would pay for.;... every idea wont work even with the best effort....your product/idea might be even more important...
    if i ever did choose to try online selling i would sure come here and soak up all the good ideas in this thread...
    Last edited by greenoak; 09-23-2010 at 11:05 AM.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

Very hard to tell you who your customers are. You might have to look at your competition to see who they are targeting. Also, you will probably learn more by trail and error.

One way is to learn and master search engine marketing - thus, those customers who are looking for your type of products will come and find you.

Array

thats my goal ,,,to get them to come to me...we rate real high in our market now...
    i already have one business to run..its totally full time and totally worth the time......so im not trying to start an online business, especially not with my inventory...
    .. ....who is making a real income online in my area? i havent seen it yet....i see a lot of advice to do it tho....
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

Other than having an actual website (which should be a priority for all businesses), there are alternate ways to market your products online. Of course, you can follow everyone into promotion via social networking sites. The most popular of these, such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube are free.

Just one of many choices to consider!
    Last edited by vangogh; 12-21-2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Removed self promotion

Array

Nice Animoto...

I agree they are great for tradeshows. I used a loop of commercials on a flatscreen (my living room tv) on DVD for the joint tradeshow booth in 2009. That was the booth that one Best Use of Space in the Multiple Booths category (we had two between the 6 businesses represented). It was my first offline joint venture.

A co-operative marketing group is now about to launch a combination of live and animoto productions on kiosks at various retailers in our community.

Another way of to gain the right customer base is through business reviews and discussion forums. Get in touch with your existing customers and establish a forum for them. Let them discuss and review your product. Their discussions could involve complaints; however this can be a great opportunity to fix problems within your business. Also, customers that you help after a complaint can become some of your most loyal customers.

<please set up a signature>