Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations for copywriting books?

I know this thread is a little old but was about to post a book Q and found it.

I have read a lot of Dan Kennedy (NO BS series, Sales Letter etc), own Magnetic Marketing and am also a member of his Insider Circle. His style is very much about results - which I like!!! His style is very different - I found it hard to break out of corporate America speak into what I affectionately call "Hard Sell". Still trying it out but hope to post some results soon!

I've seen this book as well "Robert Collier Letter Book" - was wondering if anybody has read it and/or have an opinion?????

Simon
    NJ Website Design - helping you maximize the PROFIT from your website

Array

I'm glad you bumped this, as it allows me to noyice it and update what I wrote earlier.

My earlier-mentioned book is still waiting to be printed. I didn't like the way they laid it out when I read the Galley copy in Oct, so I asked them to re-do it (I figured since it's my second book, I had enough juice to get it the way I wanted.)

That delayed things a few months - it might be getting printed as I type (second week of Feb they said, in stores perhaps a month later.)

My problem with it was they used a two-column layout, which didn't work well with this particular book, as I had 30+ screenshots / samples. So when I was talking about a subheading and referred to a picture for an example, they had that picture two pages later. I realize that happens all the time, but it happens much less with a one-column layout. So I requested one-column, and got my way

It caused a delay, but in the end, it's a better book, which is the most important part to me.
    Dan Furman - Copywriter, Business Author, Entrepreneurial/Business Consultant
    Business Writing Services | Website Copywriting Services | Blog here

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Congratulations on the new book Dan. You'll have to remind us when it gets closer to being available for purchase.