Thread: Not so new here

Default Not so new here

I’ve been frequenting this site for awhile now but finally decided it was time to join. I’m the co-owner, along with my wife, of a small travel company that specializes in small group travel to Italy.

I really like what I’ve seen from this forum so far. Lots of helpful people here with good information. I look forward to participating.

Doug

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Doug. I'm glad you decided to join after reading awhile. I've always wanted to visit Italy. There's a part of me that can see myself moving there and never coming back.

Looking forward to getting to know you better and thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Welcome aboard, Doug.

Funny - I've always fancied myself living in Italy, too. Went there once - Venice - on the Orient Express. Long way to go for a pizza!

I think I would like Florence or somewhere on the NW coast.
    Last edited by Spider; 06-07-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Where are you guys based out of Doug? What city ?

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum, Doug. I'm a bit envious. I'm a assuming you have to travel to Italy in order to do your job.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Welcome. I am a definite fan of Italian food.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Default Thank you for the greetings

@eborg9 - We are located in the states, Connecticut to be exact.

@KristineS - Actually my wife is the talent behind the company and is the one who travels to Italy either guiding our tours or to do research. She lived there for 5 years. I get to go once in awhile but usually have to stay home since I have another full time job.

@cbscreative - I'm also a fan of Italian food myself, especially Italian food in Italy which is so different from American Italian food. Last year I had some meals on Lake Garda that I would have never eaten in the States but loved there. Cooking is really an art form in Italy, however my wife told me she saw a pizza vending machine in the Milan airport the other week. I guess this is one reason the Slow Food movement was started in Italy and has taken off in other parts of the world.

Again thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.
    Live It! Adventures of a Lifetime in Italy

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

mmm…Italian food…mmm…pizza…in a vending machine? I can see why the slow food movement would start after something like that.

Doug I used to live in Connecticut. Close to 15 years ago now I think. I lived in Danbury and worked in Ridgefield.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Welcome to the forum!

I'm a 3rd generation American of Italian descent - my Grandfather came over as a child. I love Italian food cooked by the women in the family here in the states - the recipes they've passed down are priceless and yummy and better than anything you'll find in an "Italian" restaurant!
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing