Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fax Blast - still exist

Array

Default Fax Blast - still exist

I have had a interesting proposition offered to me. I belong to a barter company and have some excess funds - the owner suggest i try a fax broad cast service. he can send out like 75,000 faxes - in 10 days for me.

do people still sell using this method? - just wondering anyone thoughts on this?
    Rebel Networks
    Geek Powered Hosting - Complexity Made Simple
    SuperHero 24 | 7 | 365 Support

In the United States, by law you can only send faxes to someone with whom you have an existing relationship or who has publicly listed their fax number. For each and every fax number that doesn't fall into one of those categories, the recipient can sue you and collect substantial damages. So you need to be VERY sure that the list is clean.

As an aside, I HATE junk faxes and personally hold it against anyone who sends them. Not only would I not respond to a junk fax, I would never do business with anyone after receiving a junk fax from them. I think a lot of people feel the same way, which is why Congress enacted the law restricting and penalizing junk faxes.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I wouldn't go for the fax blast. Anyone who receives one is not going to think highly of your company. I'm with David. Send one to me and I'll never do business with you. Send me a second one and I'll actively spend time making sure you don't sell to anyone else either. A junk fax is sending spam and charging the person who receives it.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I hate fax blasts. Everyone one our companies get is trashed immediately. I would never purchase anything that I saw advertised in an unsolicited fax.

You'll make a lot of enemies that way. Unless its a PO, I don't want to see a fax.

Array

I've never owned a fax machine. It's pretty old technology - I just use a scanner. But, if I had a fax machine, I'd make sure I never bought anything from a fax blast.
    Steve B

Registered Member
    Array

Hello rebel

I can only agree with the others that have replied. Most faxes are just an annoying waste of paper and ink. I also don't want to receive one unless it's a purchase order.

The only faxes we send are letter proofs, for our client's approval before we start the print run.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

In case all the votes aren't in yet...don't do it.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I don't even have a Fax machine anymore and any old Fax number that's out there for me is dead.

When I see a fax blast the first thing I think of is, this is some sort of scam.
    Live It! Adventures of a Lifetime in Italy