Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Business Plan Software

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I wouldn't have thought that. I would have thought the software made sure you dotted all the 'i's and crossed all the 't's. If all it's good for is the sample you might as well just download the free samples and then write your plan based off of them.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Quote Originally Posted by vangogh View Post
    I wouldn't have thought that. I would have thought the software made sure you dotted all the 'i's and crossed all the 't's. If all it's good for is the sample you might as well just download the free samples and then write your plan based off of them.
    One of the worst experiences we had was someone who promoted himself as a broker who helped companies secure financing (by the way - there's a VERY good living to be made doing this legitimately).

This guy met with us for days and took notes, etc. To follow-up he was supposed to write a substantial business plan which would then be submitted to a bank. His payment was 5% of the total loan amount we would have recieved.

When we got his "plan" it was terrible. He had numerous typos, etc. The plan itself was only a few pages long and had obviously come from one of these sources. We declined his services but still ended up paying him small fee.

Not surprisingly this guy ended up in prison a year or so later for major fraud. And I mean Federal prison - the FBI actually interviewed one of my partners about his. Fortunately we had declined his services so we did not have to be involved in the prosecution of his case.

Array

These kind of unscrupulous characters are the things that turn so many people off business. They spend so much time on coming up with an idea and the work to get something going and then land in to a scheme like this guy was running. Without really knowing any better or different.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Bill it's wild what some people will do in their business. Guess the software doesn't do such a good job with the 't's and 'i's either if the plan he wrote was filled with typos.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals