Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting the .com

Array

Default Interesting the .com

It may be interesting to note that SBF.com seems again not accessible, although, i was banned, i still was just taking a look every now and again, but seem the domain just times out now... Interesting.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Array

I got through a second ago. It must have been fixed already.

They've actually done a pretty good job of cleaning up the mess. I only see one or two recent posters that I recognize.
    Steve B

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Working for me too now, though downtime doesn't surprise me and it won't surprise me to see it down again in the future.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Refugee from the .com
    Array

I don't pay much attention any more, but it looks like they cleaned up quite a bit. I did notice they are having a database problem they still haven't resolved, so it's kind of like two forums in one. It appears they recovered the archives up until March 8 of this year, and posts after they went back up earlier this month seem to be mostly in tact. But everything from March through late July is mostly there, but disconnected.

It looks like we shook them up by starting this, which is good, but it's a shame it had to come to that before anyone started paying attention.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

I got in but had PM spam waiting for me. The seem to be leaving spamish sort of posts up. I would assume thats to at least have something posted. The post quality by the administrator and visitors seems pretty poor quality for the non spam ones.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Bill, I didn't read the new posts because I thought the titles sounded pretty weak too, so that doesn't surprise me.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I've poked in on them occasionally. It looks like they have picked up some new members and there are some decent threads being started, but they aren't generating the same discussion they might have in the past.

The spam does stick around. I don't know that anyone is paying that much attention and it seems like they only catch the most obvious spam. The more subtle things always get by.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I was over there earlier and it looks like the one guy from the magazine was starting a lot of the threads. There was nothing like what I remember from when I was there regularly.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

it's very different. The one editor is mostly just copying and pasting articles he finds. The kind of thing many would consider spam or at least quite pointless. He's trying very hard, even a little too hard, to come across as an expert.

It's a shame to see since it used to be a great place to hang out. I imagine if they keep it together long enough they'll gather a new community. It won't be the same as what it was, but that doesn't mean it won't be a good community. Just different.

Array

It maybe was just a short downtime, maybe. I tried a couple of times in about half an hour and couldnt get it, however, i can access now.

The posts that i did look at just dont seem to have the same level of knowledge behind why they are being asked. In some respects some of it sounds like people asking questions hoping that someone will by mistake reply with something that will help them make fortune. That maybe does not make much sense, but some of the posting sounds a lot like what i found on some of the get rich quick forums i have seen, that give away points for posting which convert to money.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels