Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone. vangogh here

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Default Hi everyone. vangogh here

Hey all,

I thought I'd introduce myself again even though many of you already know me. I'm Steve. I use the 'n' when I write the name out, but feel free to leave it off when using my name. Only my mom calls me Steven.

I started life online developing websites a friend of mine designed. After we built our site we sat back and wondered how people were going to find us. That's when I began learning everything I could about search engine optimization.

In the beginning I looked for the secret SEO formula like many people do, but I quickly learned that SEO is really just marketing with a specific focus on search engines. My own view of how to optimize your site is to best understand what search engines are looking for so you can make informed decisions when it comes to your website and marketing it online.

My friend eventually went on to other things so I also had to take on the design part of the business. I enjoy designing a lot, though I still sometimes fear the blank page when I start a new design. Lately I've been working with open source content management systems like WordPress and designing themes for them. Hopefully before too long I'll be releasing a premium theme for WordPress.

I guess now I'm also a forum owner. I've been posting, moderating, and administrating forums since shortly after I ventured online. I've always enjoyed the community aspects of a forum and have made many friends online through them. Now I get to take the next step and help guide the development of a forum community in a new way.

I'm up for the challenge and looking forward to it.

Ok, now it's your turn. I know many of us already know each other, but lets reintroduce ourselves and say hi again and share a little more than we initially did when we first introduced ourselves.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Refugee from the .com
    Array

At this point, I am one of the only ones who can respond, but I am certainly glad this new community now exists. I'm also glad you agreed to jump on board with getting this started, vangogh, and intend to reintroduce myself too. Let me say publically that vangogh has been instrumental in making this happen. Although I approached him with the idea of getting a new SBF, vangogh stepped up way beyond what I expected.

We had to put this together fast, and it is not something that either of us were expecting. I appreciate vangogh's (Steve's) effort and experience. We now have a community being run by members who care about it, and vangogh has been amazing at making that a reality.

Although we are technically competitors in our businesses, I am honored to collaborate with vangogh on this project. I expect great things ahead, especially as we have other members of the old SBF join us here.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I guess I should probably jump in too. The fact that this forum exists at all is due to cbscreative and vangogh. My contribution was mostly just saying "Yeah, you should do this!". On the old SBF forum, I was Gunslingergirl, but I haven't been around for a while. I'm excited to be participating in this new venture, and hope to spend a lot of time talking about my favorite subject (or one of them), Marketing. I'm looking forward to making this the best forum on the 'Net.

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

I'm Evan Lemoine, the 21 year old entrepreneur and student. I started my first business at age 13 doing website development, but quickly found my interest to be in accounting, taxation, law, and management over my actual operations. Now I serve as Vice President of our family's small business in Rhode Island and manage accounting and tax issues. I do general business consulting, technology consulting, accounting, bookkeeping, taxes, and also serve as a parliamentarian.

Currently I'm a senior accounting major, but am continuing on with my MBA which I should have before I'm 23. While the degree may not be necessary as an entrepreneur, I plan to focus more on my career in accounting and fraud examination.
    Last edited by Evan; 08-06-2008 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Typo
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Thanks Evan and welcome.

I think everyone is misinterpreting a little. Let's all start our own introduction threads. We don't all need to reintroduce ourselves in this one.

We need to start new threads to fill this place up.

Thanks.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I guess we did. I'll start my own introduction thread in a bit.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

That's ok. I thought it was funny that we were all introducing ourselves in the same thread. ok, I was really just jealous that you were all trying to steal some of my glory.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I had a suspicion that was the problem.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Haven't you been able to tell how big me ego is after all these years?

Array

Vangogh,

Glad to see you've taken it upon yourself to "move" the forum.
    The Ad-Vice Man - Expert Advertising Advice
    www.harborpilotmedia.com,
    www.freeadvertisingadvice.org