Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone. vangogh here

Array

Naturally I'm a strong supporter on complimenting any of the Steve's - I was just referring to my blatent promotion of Vangogh's business.

I hope he gets quite a few inquiries from people wanting to pay him to help them with their website.
    Steve B

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Funny Steve. It's a good name don't you think?

And thanks for the compliments for my business. I never have a problem taking on new clients.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Refugee from the .com
    Array

And if I lose business to vangogh, that's fine too because I know they will be well taken care of. It's not many competitors I can say that about.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

You know even though we offer similar services I never really see us in competition. I think we both do a good job and have different strengths even if some of our strengths overlap. I also think there's enough work to go around.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Refugee from the .com
    Array

I agree, I use the term competition loosely, and there is so much work to go around there is room for many more "competitors."
    Steve Chittenden

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Array

Thank you, Steve/s, et al., for undertaking this venture. The Phoenix will rise from the ashes!

I guess there's no way to contact other members from the dotCOM version, if you don't have the address files.

Michael Shemwell notified me for which I'm thankful.

Glad to be back!

I've posted my REintroduction.

Paul
    Last edited by Paul Elliott; 08-08-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

That's exactly how the word spreads, and we're very pleased more SBF members (and others) are finding out about us and telling others. We knew this community was needed, we're just glad we could do it.
    Steve Chittenden

Array

Well, they caught up with you, VG - you have been banned from .com. Was only to be expected, really, and I'm sure you are not too fazed by it. I also noticed some major changes to the front page and forum layout. They reduced their forum count to 13.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I noticed a little while ago. It's a bit vindictive, but it's not like I was planning on spending time there anymore and I guess it was to be expected. If they had been paying attention to their forum the last few months and not letting it decline we'd all still be there.

If us starting here gets them to put more time and effort into the old forum it's a good thing. I know there will be a lot of members from there who won't ever find their way here and at least those people will still have a place to hangout. No reason both forums can't grow and be successful.

It's a shame, though that the it took us starting here to get them to finally fix a few things that should have been done weeks ago. But I'll wish them well.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

We were wondering if someone would bring up the banning. It is a shame what they did to let the forum suffer from neglect. Banning vangogh was childish IMO, but not surprising. Our success here has helped to prove that everyone pretty much felt the same way. Maybe they will learn from this, we hope so, but they lost all of us in the process.
    Steve Chittenden