Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Developing for Profit vs. Open Source

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

You're going to have to deal with support questions whether your plugin is commercial of free. You could charge for support even for a free plugin if you want.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Often for products that people don't charge for, I'll see a disclaimer warning usually something along the lines of "Feel free to edit the functionality to your stylings" or even "Use at your own risk". One of the reasons many do decide to give it away is so they don't have to deal with support. They aren't always released this way, but nevertheless it still happens from time to time.

Also, did you get my PM Steve? I went into more detail there about the specifics of what I'm developing. If anyone else wanted to know about what I've been working on, and you think it'd help or you were curious, let me know and I'll send you a PM too.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I did get your PM James. Sorry I haven't responded yet. It was a busy week which ended in me feeling a bit under the weather. I haven't been on the computer much the last few days, instead I was laying on the couch wrapped in a blanket.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

That's alright Steve, I was just assuming that since you replied to here and not my PM that there may have been a DB error or something.

So, don't worry about it. I'm actually going to be working on a few other themes I had in mind too, so it won't always be the same one up.

Anyway, just hope you feel better soon.