Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Political Copywriting

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I think that will work. Let us know how it goes.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Yeah, Jenn let us know how everything turns out. Will you be able to track the influence of your work on the campaign?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Well - he lost only getting 36% of the vote. His opponent took 62%.

However... I really think this is more a case of the guy that spent the most money is who won. My brother-in-law spent $104, his opponent spent an easy $1000. He had big banners all over town - at least 10 of them, a few hundred signs, a handout that he went door-to-door with and t-shirts with his name and "alderman ward 1" on them that he gave out to the kids. My brother-in-law refused to take any donations because one of the big problems we've had in this town is people donating to campaigns and then expecting the candidates to dance to their tune. The other guy is new to town and is neighbors with one of the worst offenders and one of the biggest problems we've had in town for a long time. She is very sweet to your face, but is the biggest back stabber around and has been bought off by the company the town just won a 13 million dollar judgement from too.

Throughout this campaign we've seen the other guy try to distance himself from those supporters and he and my brother-in-law have actually developed a healthy respect for each other. Hopefully the man can stand on his own two feet and will refuse to dance to the piper's tune now that he's in office. Only time will tell.

As for my influence on the campaign... I think that garnering 36% of the vote with what we did against what we were up against isn't bad. True, all of that 36% didn't come from my work, but some of it did. The rest of it came from people who know my Brother-in-law or who he talked to and won over by stating his platform, his goals, his agenda for the city.
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Oh well. Can't win them all. You were outspent 10-1 which is a big difference. Is your brother in law thinking of running again in the future?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

hard to say if he will run again - it depends on how things go in the next year. He might. He's been on the P&Z board for 2 1/2 years and is definitely planning on staying involved there!
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing