Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: National Bureau of Merchant Services???

Array

Wink Update - service

Well I thought I would write because I decided to go with this company. They did offer what they promised. The only thing I did not like is that I had the Old Trans 330 machine and I had to upgrade to a pci complaince thing. At first I was upset but I did check it out and they were right the 330 machine I had was I guess what they say is not compliant. They sold me a brand new machine for $150 bucks but it is way better and this one has a built in printer. As for the rates man I was getting ripped off with my other procesor. These rates are awesome. I would highly recommend them. Thanks for everyone's input.

Array

Thanks but all is good.

Keep in mind that complaints with the BBB are for issues that need to be solved between two entities. I could not find a place to file a complaint for harassment. Any company that contacts me without my asking them and their number comes up on the caller ID as 000-000-0000 is a huge red flag to me. It was hard pressure sales from the beginning. He demanded that I fax my cc merchant statement to him, and implied that I should not ask questions. I was first under the impression I was in trouble with the federal government for something I was doing wrong. Their name can be intimidating calling themselves "national bureau". I checked with my bank who said they were just a sales pitch trying to get my business. When I was contacted again, I said I was not interested and to remove me from their calling list. He continued on persistently and I finally hung up. He "called me back" and continued harassing. I said no thank you again and hung up and he called the company president's cell phone. He is nothing more than a high pressure sales man. I get calls all the time from them and each has a different angle. Be ware of this company good deal of not. I was contacted a couple of days later by another company trying to get my credit card business. She was much nicer but none the less, I did not need to change anything. She explained that in the poor economy, their companies are now out searching to take more business for their own.

Array

Cool National Bureau Of Merchant Services

CONCRETE: Thanks for the input. If you look at the past blogs you can see we needed info on them and already have their service and they are way better than the service I had. By the way, I am not sure if you know this but there are a lot of caller ID's that come up with 000000000000 if you use a dialer system or calling system they do that. That is part of the system. Thanks anyway but personally anyone who decides not to do it is their perogative. As for us we like them and recommend them.

Default Say no!

We made the mistake of signing up with these people on the basis of their BBB acredidation rating and it's the biggest mistake we ever made. We are paying more for processing now than ever before. Tell them no, you aren't interested. They tell
    you anything to get you to sign on the dotted line, but once you do, the info they
    send to First Data (the actual processor) is not the same as what you agreed to
    with NBMS. There is nothing "direct" about it. They are a reseller for First Data
    and they get compensated for every customer they send to First Data.

Once you sign the paperwork, they won't return your calls, correct their "mistakes"
    or do anything to give you satisfaction. I am still trying to figure out how we can
    sue but it's such a tangled mess with National Bureau of Merchant Services and First
    Data, that it's nearly impossible to hold anyone responsible because both sides deny
    any power to fix what's wrong.

I'm telling you, as one who was sucked in blindly and can't get out because it's too
    costly (last estimate was $1100 just to cancel - and that's presuming no hidden costs)
    run away as fast as you can. These people are thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by dynocat View Post
    Anyone heard of them? I got a cold call a few days ago offering their services to "cut out the middleman" and process our Visa & MasterCard transactions directly through them. Apparently we were one of "all businesses that qualify," meaning we have an excellent chargeback and fraud transactions history.

They claim it would save us 20-50% in fees because of their direct relationship with Visa/MC. Instead of transmitting transactions in three steps, 1) to a MSP 3rd Party, 2) to the processor and 3) to the Visa/MC clearing house for deposit to our bank, I could skip the 1st step.

First off, I don't know what "MSP" means. It sounds to me like they become the 3rd party and don't see how they eliminate anyone here. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding this.

I asked for the info send to me. Even reading that I'm not sure what I should be asking to see if this is really a advantage to me. Any advice is appreciated. Here is a link to their site.

Array

Yeah! Sorry to hear that! Our last company we were with ripped us off also. NBMS so far has been really good. There are a lot of companies out there that are ripping people off. The Rates are high and the cost are so much. First Data was a company we tried but they were too much. They changed from Cardservice to First Data we did not like them at all. Then the last company we had just kept raising our rates every 6 months. So far we are happy with this company so muchg that we opened our other account with them. Looking at the other post it just seems to me that every processor has issues no matter who you are. Anyway sorry about your issue I still recommend them, I guess they are the LESSER of two evils. You just can't get ahead with these stupid Credit Cards. By the way BBB is a joke. I paid over $300 a year to be on BBB and got nothing.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

seems to me that every processor has issues no matter who you are
    Probably not all, but your point is very well taken. I think there's also a case of one company being fine for one and miserable for another. It makes it all harder for any of us to make a choice sometimes, but that's part of life. You make the best choice you can and then learn from the experience in order to make even better choices next time.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

DO NOT SIGN WITH THIS COMPANY!

National bureau of merchant services has terrible customer service. I signed with them in april, when they promised, to save me hundres per year, (not), and to handle the transition from my old processer. They also promised to pay any early cancellation fees from them too, which they pointed out to me would be $300.00. It is now mid-october, and they have done neither. Nor have they answered my phone calls, or returned dozens of voice mails for months. I kept recieving bills from the old processer for 3 months after signing, and when I called, they told me to fax them over, and nothing was done until I handled it myself, upon which time I was debited the $300. I give this company a very poor rating.

Thumbs up Recieved what was promised.

This issue has been resolved. The reason for the delay calls is that contacting a department tht does not handle the issue and the department that handles the issue was in process of researching for the refund, refund request was $300, but system shown $200, NBMS sent check to help pay previous cancel fee, NBMS did not hold anything back and has had no issues with customer support since.

I think I can help clarify much of this. I am the owner of Data Capture Consultants, Inc., a registered ISO/MSP. These stand for "Indepenant Sales Organization" (Visa) and "Merchant Service Provider" (MasterCard). We work with various different merchant processors called Aquirers. There really are not very many of these but are quite a few ISO/MSP's. This company is most certainly an ISO/MSP but may have some card types they process themselves giving them the ability to say what they are saying but they walk a fine line in saying it. Basically they are no different in their position in this process than the rest of us. This being a very competitive business they are simply using this as their hook. Always be careful as you chose a company to help with your credit card processing and MAKE SURE to ready the actual contract that you sign for the true rates and don't just rely on a fax or written proposal someone gave you. If you would like more information my email is registered with this site.

Hope this helps,

Jim Compton
    President Data Capture Consultants, Inc.