Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Member Info on Top or Side?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Default Member Info on Top or Side?

Hey All,

You might notice a small change in the forum template. I moved the member information to the side instead of having it be across the top.

I've usually preferred it running along the left side and it'll allow us to add a few things in there that I think will be easier to read than if everything was running across the top.

What does everyone else think? Do you like the info on the side better or would you prefer it at the top of the post again? Is either way fine?

Thanks
    Steve
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Everything looks the same to me - but, I don't really know what I'm looking for. What member information - on the side of what?

I probably just don't remember what it used to look like - so it must be a minor change. So, I'm cool with it.
    Steve B

Refugee from the .com
    Array

I'm OK either way, but I think the sidebar layout has advantages just as you indicated. I like this layout, but if I get outvoted, I'm fine with that too. I have no strong feelings on this issue, so I await other input.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

I like the information on the left side, versus on the top. Cheers.
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

So far the left side it is.

Steve do you notice how your avatar and the info underneath it is now along the left side? It used to run across the top of your posts.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Refugee from the .com
    Array

I suspect Steve's issue was related to being logged in during the change. A refresh or separate visit should resolve that issue.

This format actually reminds me of the old SBF before all the changes, so I'm used to it. Additionally, I'm used to it on other forums too, so I find it quite familiar.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

The old SBF was like this until Feb/March when new ownership moved the site around. Running along the top is apparently the default in vB though I think it works better along the side.

Array

Side. Side (had to say it twice because the forum beeped at me. One 'side' was a long enough post!) Okay side side side side.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Polls are still open, but we're getting a unanimous response so far.

Array

Wow - I guess I just can't remember it already. I had to go back to the old forum to verify what you were talking about. It definitely doesn't matter to me since I won't notice it!
    Steve B