Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Critique/Review

Array

Default Critique/Review

The intended audience is women over the age of 35 with a family income of $70,000 or more per year, she's got at least a couple of years of community college and chances are her husband works in an oil or forestry company (but not necessarily). She's not really vain, but she does like to look good. She quite likely is involved in at least one sport or one volunteer activity around town. She's busy, but not overwhelmed...

The product/service is Electrolysis...which is permanent hair removal done by a trained esthetician with highly specialized machinery.

I don't want to share the link too publicly as it is a work in progress, so if you have time to critique it and provide your impressions...please PM me or email me.

Thanks!

Are you looking for women critics only? If not, I'd like a look.

Edit: Oops, you said to PM you.

Array

I PMed you. And nope, men are welcome to look as long as they keep the target market in mind. That's why I put that information there. It's a mock at this point, haven't worked out the fonts and any color additions...just general layout and the words.

I like it. It gets the point/s across quickly. I think a tiny bit of pink or some other feminine color would top it off nicely.

Array

Hmmm...wonder if I can find a study or something on what colors attract women most...I'm not sure pink is it.

Off to google and twitter...

Have you seen/used this site before: Color Trends + Palettes :: COLOURlovers

Their forum has a few topics about gender and color: Color Forums :: COLOURlovers

This one deals with gender and color: Color Forums / Color Talk / Lover's Lounge / Colour have a gender or not? please help for my THESIS :: COLOURlovers

You're right, as I just learned from the above thread, the pink/blue female/male dichotomy is a false one.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

You can send me a PM if you want. I'll take a look when I have a few minutes.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

PM me as well. I'll take a look.

Array

Thanks Kristen and Steve. I've sent PMs with the link to the ad mock up this morning.

Array

PM me as well - I'm even close to your demographic
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing