Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AIDA Marketing as Applied to Web Design

Array

I was actually referring to the media reps who sell and often design and write the ads. Like the newspaper and mini-magazine. Even in cases where they do hire out, as the newspaper does...it's outsourced to others who have the same sort of background...ad sales and graphics, not marketing basics.

Personally, I think it's the nature of media. It's about selling the space or the airtime (that is the pressure from management), and not about selling an ad that is likely to produce results. They rely on the fact that the media will work to bring in enough customers for the client feel that it worked to keep the business buying the media. There are exceptions, of course, media reps who know enough about marketing to actually help...but I haven't seen many of them over the years.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

That makes sense. Too bad they don't realize if they designed ads that worked they would help other people make more money, which would consequently bring more money back to them as well.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Short term vision.

That's what I experienced in my foray into sales. They didn't want to take time to build the relationship if it didn't result in sales posted that day or within a very short period of time.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Sadly short term vision is true of far too many businesses.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals