Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Wants an iPad?

Array

No - that is way over Hubby and I's agreed upon amount to spend without consulting the other - I just don't want to get the "I wants" worse than I already have them
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I won't tell hubby if you don't. Just picture yourself with your beautiful new iPad…
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

You are an instigator Vangogh!

Array

He's trouble with a capital "t"
    ~Jenn

Array

Ah just put it on the wish list and come up with a few ideas to generate enough business to earn it :-)

Of course, my wish list is so long I need multiple projects before I get to the gadgetry I currently covet.

Hopefully, Coffee Time Marketing will change that :-)

Array

Oh it's there Patrysha! I just have the same problem as you - my wish list is so long I need a bunch of work to make it a reality - but I'm working on it...
    ~Jenn

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Me an instigator? Trouble? Nah, couldn't be.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Last week I was in the Apple store in town a couple of times and I spent a few minutes playing with the iPad each time. Thought I'd share a few thoughts now that I've held one in my hands and revive this thread for anyone interested.

The iPad was a little heavier than I expected. Not heavy, but for some reason I thought it would feel lighter. I don't think you'd want to hold it in one hand for more than a few minutes, but you'd be fine holding it in two hands.

It's a beautiful device. Everything looked great on it. Very easy to see how you could watch a movie while holding it in your lap or with it propped up on a table. It was very easy to read and most everything responded pretty fast. Books looked good, the web looked good, everything looked good.

There's a limited amount of apps loaded on the floor models. The apps I most wanted to test weren't. Oh well. If you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch you know how to use it. If you don't it won't take you more than a minute to figure out how.

Typing wasn't too bad. Like most people are saying you might not want to type your next novel on it, but it would be perfectly fine for short emails. It will also work with any wireless keyboard with bluetooth and I think I would end up buying a keyboard if I decide to type on it a lot. For me one scenario using it is to pack up the iPad, head out for coffee in the morning and spend a couple hours writing blog posts and popping in here. I think it would be more convenient carrying the iPad and a wireless keyboard than it would be a laptop.

The apps I most want to try are some of the drawing apps. Probably not what everyone is excited about, but as a designer those would be among the first apps I purchase. I wish there was a touch sensitive penlike device, but sadly there isn't. A few companies make styluses, but I don't believe they're pressure sensitive.

I think I'm going to hold off as long as I can and wait for version two. It's going to be hard since I really want an iPad and can think of so many ways it will fit into my life and work style. But something tells me version 2 will do more and cost less so waiting is probably the smart thing to do.

I love my iPad. My suggestion buy it. Then sell it shortly before they start selling the 2nd generation. You may lose a little money but the experience is worth it.
    Twitter: ShredderClay Tumblr: Shredder-Clay Recycle with your Paper Shredder, let me give you a few pointers how... use them in crafts, in shipping, in your compost pile....

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

That's not a bad idea. I could probably think of several people I know who I could give the version 1 iPad to as well.

Right now it's mostly having more important things to spend the money on. I'm not sure I'll end up holding out till version 2 unless I find myself not owning an iPad next spring in which case I'll wait since the next version will likely be on its way.

After playing with them in the store I'm even more convinced to get one. It's not a device that's absolutely necessary to have, but I can so many uses for it. And in time the touch interface is going to replace the current mouse driven one in most everything.