Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: listing your website on search engines

Array

we arent very aware of bing either...heard about it here a while back, but i never see it online.and dont watch tv with commercials much, so i never saw them there............but i went to their site and we come up 3rd in the bing search.... antiques indiana....so i take it they got it from google..so i dont need to do anything, right? ....im interested in local and what more i can do there too...
    huggy, maybe
    its how long youve been online.....maybe you will naturally show up later....a guess...we have been online a long time and we are on bing with no specific bing effort...
    p.s. in rereading this thread...i used a link in bills post and got us on google maps..... so much good info on here!!!
    Last edited by greenoak; 10-29-2010 at 08:30 AM.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

How to get listed in search engine? One thing you should search in the top search engine if your website is exist. If is not yet listed, you should submit your website on their add listing site. I think it takes 24 hours to be crawled in their Spider/Robots. Once you found the good placement in the search query, create a sitemap. Sitemap page and sitemap webmaster tool are different. Submit your sitemap in webmaster tool.

Array

This is a great thread, and its interesting to see how popular it has become as of late. Google and other major SEs are focusing searches more towards local areas anyhow, not just through maps and listings but organic searches also.

We have been receiving conversions from customers who have found us on their smart phones. As more and more searches are done by phone, its important to be listed for web AND mobile devices.
    Foreclosure Defense - Find information on how to stop foreclosure and defend against debt collection

Array

Also forgot to mention, very important local search ranking factors are 1) the location of your server 2) the domain ending 3) business address listing 4) WHOIS domain owner information and 5) location in content or domain name if possible
    Foreclosure Defense - Find information on how to stop foreclosure and defend against debt collection