Thread: Digital postage meter

Array

Default Digital postage meter

I got a pamphlet in the mail from Pitney Bowes selling those digital postage meters. Does any one have one, and what are your thoughts? They look like they would come in handy too me.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

We worked with Pitney Bowes and got away from them as soon as we could. Their fees were high, their service was non-existent and they would send us service renewal notices way too early in hopes that we would renew without thinking about it. Our CFO found us a system that is much more cost effective.

We use Stamps.com and am very happy with them except that they have a problem with international packages.

Array

Thanks Kristine and Aaron, by the looks of it i'm glad I started this thread. It will save me a lot of problems when I decide too get a service.

They have been taking advantage of small businesses for decades. Most smaller businesses are only wasting money on them.

I am also a Stamps.com fan, but think you might do better with Endicia.com if you do a lot of international mail.

I've personally found the UPSP site is great for international and Priority Mail. That's mostly what I;ve been doing for the last couple of years, so I cancelled with stamps.com, but did use them for probably 5 years, prior to that.

Array

Thanks pete, your all a great help. Its funny how that company gets away with ripping people like that for so long. I guess I might have been another victim if I didn't think too ask you folks on the forum

They get by with it by selling the "impression" your company makes by having a postal meter. That metered mail indicates you have "arrived" and are a factor in your marketplace.

And also the theft of stamps that can happen in a small business.

My experience over the years has been that I get more response from mailings with an unusual stamp than anything else. Commemorative stamps seem to get attention.

Array

Your right Pete I always pay closer attention too a letter with a commerative stamp. There's not many business's that use them so it gets my attention.

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

Call me old fashioned, but I think regular stamps just seem more personal. Of course that can be impractical once your business gets beyond a certain point.
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."