Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So should I even try to continue being a member here?

Array

Default So should I even try to continue being a member here?

My second post was deleted becuase of an infraction, thats cool whatever, but I'm seriously trying to get help to start a business. I need to find an Investor or get some Ideas on how I can get some money to open up a callcenter.

Anybody interested in talking to me?

Array

I cant get abusiness loan becuase I have terrible credit.

Finding an investor is more than difficult.

I would put it on a credit card if I had one, but I've never had one and cant get one until bad credit is taken care of.

I don't have any one willing to help me.

Nearly every dollar Im making goes right back into court costs ( on three different cases ), parole fees ( in two states ), warrants, and everything else I've managed to screw up in my young life. I'm making Insane money from my current business givin my situation ( no education, severe debt, violent felonies on record, all the cards are against me ) Im not having a pity party or anything like that, as a matter a fact things are looking up for me, at the rate I'm going, I will get out of this Hole(s) haha

So where does that leave me? I dont need a lot of money money in the broad spectrum of the universe, but is there anyone on this site that can give some word of wisdom to a newb???

Array

I was actually about to respond before it was pulled.

I am not sure why everyone focuses on this investor thing...I was always under the impression that was more for big wads of cash that would be needed to pull a project together...for the rest of us there are savings and credit cards and banks and SBA's and family loans.

You are already making money at this...so if you combine saving towards opening with potential loans it shouldn't be too long until you have the funds you need.

Are there ways to virtualize what you do? I mean if you could find a way to arrange the calls to forward to VA's and other work at home types who are looking to make $$ at home, you wouldn't need an office for the call centre...

Array

Okay so you're in a tight spot (didn't read the second post before I posted what I just wrote)...

So what can you do?

I don't know off the top of my head, but a little brainstorming really couldn't hurt.

Array

And thats been offered to me, but the problem is with my type of business...
    I need an actual office so that I can regulate the types of people that I have working for me to make sure things go smoothly. If I was to let people work from home my business wouldnt last too long...

And yes Im making money but on average it's about $1000/wk which I've got to hire an attorney for this new "resisting arrest/cps" case that I've got, which btw is is total bs. Cps has steped in and tore my family apart for nothing so I've got to get that resolved and Its going to take alot of money thats already going toward the above + getting out of debt/ behind on rent ( which is almost caught up )

Thanks for your reply, was starting to think I wasn't welcome here

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Patrysha View Post
    Okay so you're in a tight spot (didn't read the second post before I posted what I just wrote)...

So what can you do?

I don't know off the top of my head, but a little brainstorming really couldn't hurt.
    are you actually asking me what I can do?

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

Have you considered a lending site such as Prosper.com? There are others like it too, but it allows you to put up all your information and have people "bid" on your loan. I'd probably spare all of the unnecessary details, but describe what your business is, and why you deserve the loan. The interest rate may be high, but it's better than nothing, and it will go on your credit score, so if you are good with this loan, it'll help increase your rating -- maybe enough to get a credit card or open up some other avenues.

Be prepared to discuss why your credit history is bad -- but stick to what really has affected it. Bidders also seek people with some fixed income coming in. If you do not have any "guaranteed income" (aka a job where you're paid wages, versus a business with revenues that aren't guaranteed) -- that may not go over the best.
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."

Array

never heard of them but I'll definitly check it out thanks!

Array

That was quick, They said that my credit score was "thin" meaning that theres not enough on my credit to report, however my bank told me about 4 or 5 five negs on my credit, nothing good

and i cant have an account with proper without a credit score...

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

First I just want to clarify. I deleted the original post, because when I initial read it, it came across as asking us to invest. I reread it right after and realized it was asking advice about investing. My bad. Seems Money and Mass was starting this thread about the same time I was sending the PM apologizing for the error.

Now on to the question at hand.

I assume you can at least keep some of the money you're making and not have to give it all to court costs, etc. Is it possible you could save something on what you get to keep and reinvest some in your business? I realize you wouldn't be able to buy everything you want and hire all the people you want for your business, but you could expand on a smaller scale.

You can certainly try the site Evan recommended and see what happens.

The kind of investing you're looking for would seem more likely to come from individuals than a company given it's not a huge amount of money. Also investors invest because they expect a return on that investment. While you're business can grow, I'm not sure it's in the kind of way investors usually look for.

What about finding a partner for the business? I know that usually starts by approaching the people you say aren't in your life currently. Still you could start building a network of people both online and offline. Sooner or later you'll likely find someone willing to be a silent partner. The hard part is that until people know you they'll have a hard time trusting in you enough to invest. Once people do get to know you they'll be much more likely to invest.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals