Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blogging Success: Craft or Art?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Yeah, that makes sense. Assuming your blog is for business purposes you are selling something even if the idea is to do it indirectly.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

For me, I just write about the latest hats to arrive or what's new and upcoming in the hat world. I don't try to make sure I have the right % of keywords. I just write and in the end I've been rewarded by the search engines. Most of the time my blog posts will show up on page one or two of Google within a couple days and because I can see where a customer came from when they place an order I know that plenty come from my blog. Maybe it all boils down to luck? Or am I just lucky? As long as it's working I don't care.
    Last edited by Aaron Hats; 08-26-2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Spelling

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Aaron in general I don't worry too much about keywords either. I do know what the post is about and just because SEO is part of me I do have a sense of what words I should use. Never worry about keyword density or the % of keywords you use. Just know what you're writing about and write naturally.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals