Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Known Universe

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Default The Known Universe

Pretty cool video for anyone interested in space. It starts looking down over Mount Everest and then pulls back into space until it reaches the edges of the known Universe. Then it takes you back to Earth.

Here's the video of The Known Universe. It's at the bottom of the page.

Amazing how small we are within all that we know and who knows how much more is out there that we don't know.

Enjoy.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Cool! Now if I could only find that pair of socks my wife lost in the laundry lasy week!!!!

Great video, vangogh. I have already forwarded it to my extended family. Thanks.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Frederick I think I saw them in Andromeda. I could swear I saw them floating by when we passed the galaxy.

David it is a great video, isn't it? It popped up in my feed reader and I figured people here might enjoy it. It's amazing what a small part of the known universe we are.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Array

My only question is "How did they send a camera out that far and get it back?"
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

They put in a call to the aliens and had them film everything.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

That was a really cool diversion from my work, thanks. I do find space fascinating, though not quite enough to be an astronomer. I enjoy learning about it though.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Array

Absolutely amazing and very timely for me since I just bought my beloved this super-duper telescope for Xmas!

I'll send him this link AFTER he has opened his present!

KB
    Karen Braschuk
    Virtual Assistance: Office Support 911
    Transcription: Simply Transcripts

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

So we'll see him here on Christmas day then. I don't have a telescope, but I do have a cool app for my iPhone. I can point the phone at the sky and a star map appears on the screen matching what I see in the sky where I'm pointing. You can zoom in or out on different stars and other astronomical objects and get more information about many.

They have some other apps that let you remotely control a telescope with the phone.

Steve I've taken a few astronomy classes, though I'm hardly an amateur astronomer. One day I'd like to get a nice telescope and get more into it. I was thinking of learning to capture some nice images of the sky.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Vangogh, you must have some outlying areas where light pollution is not an issue. With your elevation, that probably helps for star gazing.

I've not taken classes, but I do have a few book on the subject, and often get distracted whenever an astonomy type article gets featured in the news blips. I typically read them no matter how busy I am.

On a completely unrelated note, here is a good reason to watch the typing very carefully. When I went to type the word busy above, my fumble fingers typed busty because of a slip. Fortunately, I felt the slip and caught the typo before I completed it. It did provide a chuckle because if it had gone unnoticed. I would have said, "No matter how busty I am." Just think, I could have been featured on one of those comics that lowestbidder has threatened us all with. And now I've gone and blown the whistle on myself for something no one would have ever known about.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt