Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rules of Great Copywriting

Array

Compelling headline, interesting and relevant continuance in the opening paragraph, a strong call to action

John

Always think diffrently and by your own mind. What I mean is to not look at other people what they are actually writing, but only what you come up with.

All the Best

Array

How about . . . "Thou Shalt Proof-Read Thy Copy". Even better is to have someone else read it before submission but often this is not possible. There's no excuse for spelling mistakes even though the Internet seems a lot more forgiving these days.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLockman View Post
    There's no excuse for spelling mistakes even though the Internet seems a lot more forgiving these days.
    That's because no one seems to be able to take criticism any more. I think, belive, and feel thats how a wyrd shoold be spelt so everyone must bough to mi weigh of thinking.
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes are pet peeves of mine. If you're going to write something for public consumption, make sure you use proper spelling and grammar.

Array

I think it takes understanding and empathizing with the need of your market and finding a way to communicate the solutions to that problem with them so they can be more motivated to take action on your information or product.
    Geek Hibrid has more free information on blogging and online marketing at www.geekhibrid.com

Array

One thing I learned about copy writing is that as much as providing facts and statistics are of high importance - especially in the business industry. - it's still vital that we learn to have a sense of "humanness" in the way we create our copies. Tapping into our readers emotions and making them see that someone understands what they're going through is one way to ensure that people will engage in what you write.

Another aspect that I think should never be overlooked in copy writing is proper paragraphing and formatting. People who go online to search for specific information have low attention spans. More often, people will not spend time reading through blocks of text. They just skim it quickly to look for keywords that are relevant to what they're looking for. So never underestimate what proper paragraphing can do for you content.
    Last edited by vangogh; 01-12-2017 at 12:16 AM. Reason: removed link
    Account Executive/Web Content Writer at Redkite Digital Marketing
    Never Stop Being Awesome!

Array

Some great points here.

Let me add something.

A great copy should be easy to read and have simple, small sentences. Think of your reader as a skimmer. He may not read the whole post. Write in a way that even skimmers can get the main idea you're trying to get across from the complete post.

Also, be entertaining. You have less than 10 seconds to garner a user's interest in your post. Make your content clickable and shareable.

FlipzSide Creative Services
    Array

Good copy should be economical. Get your message across as concisely as possible. Words shouldn't just be there to fill up space.

FlipzSide
    is a full service creative team. We offer everything from graphic design, to writing and editing, to photography and 3D design. No job is too big or too small.