Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook Question - Who sees my posts?

Array

That's good to know, Patrysha. Thanks.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by lav View Post
    I dont think a post to group or page by a member or a fan shows up in the other members or fans live feed.
    From what Ive seen only posts from the administrator of that page show up in the members live feed. eg If i post to your Self improvement page frederick that post will not come up in other fans live feed. Other fans of the page will only see my post when they actually visit the page. Unless there is some sort of setting I have checked and its just me???
    I think that must have been a glitch, Jason. I have just posted to the wall of a group of which I am a member but not administrator. My post appeared on the group's wall, obviously, but also appeared on my Live Feed. It appears as a mere Other Activity mention on my own profile, but the full post appeared on the Live Feed, presumably because I am am member of the group. So, I deduce that other members of the group would see it in their Live Feed, too.

ADDED: Just joined the FB page for Newcastle Australia, and posted a question. My post appears on the page wall, of course, and also appears on my Live Feed. You are a fan of this page, Jason - do you see my post on your Live Feed?
    Last edited by Spider; 12-17-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Array

Yes I see your post..... coool!

But I dont see anyone elses post that posts to the Newcastle Australia page unless they are a friend of mine.
    Ultimate in Exhibition and Displays
    l l www.tenji.com.au l l Find me on Facebook l l Follow me on Twitter l l

Array

...I dont see anyone elses post that posts to the Newcastle Australia page unless they are a friend of mine.
    Ach! That's a new twist! So, you have to be a friend AND a fan/member for it to show on your Live Feed. A post to a page or group wall does not show on the Live Feed of fans unless they are ALSO friends, and also do not show on the Live Feed of a friend unless they are ALSO a fan.

Well, that's better than it was but not much. Oh well, it's free so we can't complain too much, eh?

Array

This could be one of facebooks ways of controlling spam. Think about how many people would join a group just to spam the members of that group. I think it is good in a way as Im a member of some groups that get a lot of spam posted to their wall but thank goodness I dont see it unless I actually visit the page...... however Facebook is still a hard place for marketers to expand their reach without paying for ads or already having a large following elsewhere.
    Ultimate in Exhibition and Displays
    l l www.tenji.com.au l l Find me on Facebook l l Follow me on Twitter l l

Array

...Facebook is still a hard place for marketers to expand their reach without paying for ads or already having a large following elsewhere.
    Don't I know it! Good strategy by FB for monetizing that reach, though. Perhaps I will try some advertising.

I wonder if I can get Tiger Woods as a spokesman, cheap!!!