Thread: im getting

Array

Default im getting

im getting spam comments to my blog....mostly about banking or web marketing.....ikkk..this is a new one for me.....
    and signed anonymous... no names of course...
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

Do you have any plug-ins installed to keep the spam out?

Array

no, but i do have it where i have to ok every comment...so i do catch them....i only get 4 or 5 comments on average on the posts.... sometimes fewer... or more...
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

The spam means your blog is gaining more visibility. It also means the spam you get will only increase. I'm not sure if Blogger has any spam fighting plugins. I assume they have something and that's what you're going to want to use.

I know WordPress has a variety of spam fighting plugins and I assume Blogger has some as well. You're going to want some kind of automated spam fighting system though. A few spam comments is no big deal, but it will likely become more than you want to deal with. My blog probably gets hundreds if not thousands of spam comments daily and the only way to deal with that is to use a plugin that automatically prevents them from showing up anywhere except a spam bin.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

You can set a Blogger blog so that people who comment have to log in to leave a comment. It's kind of a pain, but it does reduce spam and most people are used to doing it.