Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perception of Advertising Methods

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Speaking of that house Kristine, isn't tomorrow the big day for you?
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Yup, tomorrow is moving day. I'm really ready to move. My apartment is a minefield of boxes right now. Plus it is really hot and humid here. My apartment is not air conditioned. The new house has A/C.

Array

cbs, i do agree that for a certain area of your business you need to throw out the consumer mentality, especially with things like marketing. However keeping it for some areas of your business can be a major positive. For example, my business being in IT can have some pretty tight margins sometimes. However i can usually act the consumer and go shopping around my wholesalers (all have online e-commerce sites), and once i have found the lowest price, i can still go to the sales people there and ask for the best price, or look for a quantity discount. Just the same as you may do when you walk into buy a fridge, as a consumer you ask for the best price.

So keeping the consumer mentality in business can be an advantage and disadvantage it all comes down to knowing when you need it and when you don't.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Good catch on clarifying my point, Joel, thanks.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Array

Perhaps this will take us on a tangent... but why are your margins so low?

Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but low margins say to me that you're trying to be the "low cost" providor. Why not be the High Value Providor? And turn a liveable profit on your venture?
    The Ad-Vice Man - Expert Advertising Advice
    www.harborpilotmedia.com,
    www.freeadvertisingadvice.org