Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age discrimination?

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

Age can be a huge factor, on either side of the spectrum. You really need to know how to turn things into a positive.

While I'm only 21, I started my first business at age 13. I can tell you a lot of people were not going to take me seriously. Some still don't, but luckily my height and build make me seem older than I really am.
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."

Array

When I think about it age would have an influence on me if I were buying a product but it depends on the product as to whether it would be a positive or negative. An example would be If I were buying a mobile phone I think I would buy one off a young person as USUALLY they would be more up to date with the technology and would know the real benefits and be able to show how they work (remember this is based on what I would feel comfortable with Im not insinuating it is fact)

If I were buying a fence though I would need to know that the person building it has years of experience and isnt going to just slap anything together so they can get to the beach on time to see their mates, so I would be looking at an older person who I have faith in to build my fence. On top of that I think it would be an extra incentive for me if I knew the sales guy was actually the one going to build it, there is nothing worse than a contracter turning up at your house to do a job and the first thing they say is "so what are we doing here?"
    Ultimate in Exhibition and Displays
    l l www.tenji.com.au l l Find me on Facebook l l Follow me on Twitter l l