Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: business cards

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

You can set up gmail to reflect your domain name. We use Gmail for EnMart and GSI and you'd never know it was Gmail. I don't know how one accomplishes that, but my IT gurus do.

Array

Kristine - that is good to know... I'll be doing that after I buy a domain name

In the meantime...
    Here is my Wise Ads card - that's the shopper magazine I sell for and design

~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

No excuse for not buying a domain name. They cost less than $10/year so it's not exactly a huge investment. The hard part about domain names is finding one you like that's available. The one that's available today may not be tomorrow and likely won't be next month.

If you have a domain name you like it really is a good idea to get it as soon as possible. Trust me, nothing is worse than finding the perfect name, waiting a few days, and discovering that someone else now owns it when you go back to register it.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

OK, OK already....

I just bought my domain:

www.crazydogcreative.com - I guess now I really do need to get on the ball and learn a little about web design

that was a weeks worth of diapers... poor Lil Sugar
    ~Jenn

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Cool. I didn't want to see you lose it.

Send my apologies to the little one. You can teach him a lesson about the harsh economics and realities of life.

"Sorry junior, but we had to trade your diaper money for this domain thing..."
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Array

I'll be sure to explain that to her... I don't think she'll get it though
    ~Jenn

Array

Quote Originally Posted by vangogh View Post
    No excuse for not buying a domain name. They cost less than $10/year so it's not exactly a huge investment. The hard part about domain names is finding one you like that's available. The one that's available today may not be tomorrow and likely won't be next month.

If you have a domain name you like it really is a good idea to get it as soon as possible. Trust me, nothing is worse than finding the perfect name, waiting a few days, and discovering that someone else now owns it when you go back to register it.
    I've woken up in the middle of the night with ideas, got up, went to GoDaddy, and bought the domain at 4am. I buy domains for one year almost anytime I have an idea - at $10 or so, it's a bargain.

Now I'll admit, most of these domains I let expire as I never run with the idea, but a few have really paid off. For example, my latest book title ("Do the Web Write") comes right from me having an idea about a website geared towards web writing and website conversion, and buying the domain. I never did do the website, but the domain came in very handy when deciding on a book title.

By the way, another small piece of advice - if you do something with a "clever" spelling like I did with "write", I urge you to spend the extra $10 and get the correct one too (I have www.dothewebright" also). Because if I'm interviewed on the radio, and I say "go to www dot do the web write dot com", well, which "write"/"right" will the listener put in? Now I'm covered.
    Dan Furman - Copywriter, Business Author, Entrepreneurial/Business Consultant
    Business Writing Services | Website Copywriting Services | Blog here

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I've let a lot of domains expire too over the years. I remember when I was looking for a name for my first business. Every time I came up with something I liked the domain was taken. Then I'd hit on something I liked while in bed and did the same thing where I ran to the computer to see if it was available. It generally wasn't.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

We've had domains expire on us too. We'll get an idea, buy the domain and then something happens and the site that was planned never materializes. Then, a year later, I get an e-mail from IT, "do we still want this domain"?

For the amount of money it costs us, it's worth having the domain reserved should we want it.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed View Post
    OK, OK already....

I just bought my domain:

www.crazydogcreative.com - I guess now I really do need to get on the ball and learn a little about web design

that was a weeks worth of diapers... poor Lil Sugar
    Congratulations on buying your domain!

Lil Sugar may not understand now, but she will some day.