Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cost Savings of Internet Marketing

Array

I probably said this is a previous post, but I get 10 jobs from the internet for every job I get from the 5 different yellow pages I am in (that's is really the ratio - not just an estimate). I just increased my bids on Google's Pay Per Click yesterday as part of my - "if it works, do more of it" strategy. In my case, my product is high tech so it may lend itself a bit more to internet marketing than some others. But, the direction the yellow pages are going is quite obvious so you might as well get going on the internet stuff. I have to do both in order to make my phone ring often enough to survive.
    Steve B

Array

Steve do you think the phone ad is there mostly for people that find you on the internet just use it too maybe check too see how legit you might be, or are you thinking of getting rid of it completely. I know I have an add in the yellow book this year and it allows me too also have a yellow book .com ad on the net also.

Array

There may be some of that. But, most of the people that found me in the phone book had not been to my website also.

At the end of the year I analyzed the jobs that came from the phone book and it just barely covered its cost.
    Steve B

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Admittedly I'm online a lot, but I can't even remember the last time I opened a phone book to find anything. It's so much easier to do a quick search online and find the same information. Much quicker for me too.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

I throw out the yellow pages when they come. I suspect that is more of an age and education thing though. I'm sure my parents who are in their 80's use them.