Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adwords to generate Blog traffic.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

That really does make sense. I never really looked at it that way, and that is probably why I did not have any success with adwords for blog traffic.

Might be worth looking into again

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

It's all in how you look at it. It certainly depends on the goals of your blog, but if you can put a value on a subscriber you can more effectively bid on the ads. Of course you still need to have a blog that converts visitor to subscriber, but assuming you do it might be worth spending money to get more.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Although i realize that it may be quite difficult and time consuming to do so i wonder if it is at all possible to put a value on a subscriber.

I mean you could always go something simplistic like my subscribers increased by 10 this month and my revenue increased $30 so each new subscriber brings an additional $3 revenue. However, this may differ greatly from month to month, and revenue is not always a direct result of the number of subscribers, i would assume.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

It probably depends on your business model as for how to place a value on a subscriber and yeah a lot of it could be indirect. But just playing with some numbers:

Say you have 100 subscribers and you launch a new product that offers you $50 profit. You know from past experience that 4 of your subscribers will likely buy your product so you're getting a 4% conversion rate.

So from your 100 subscribers you'll make $200 in profit. Each subscriber is worth $2 (for that product anyway)

Other ways where it's more indirect might be in how many links you typically get per subscriber and how much more search traffic do those links bring that go on to click your AdSense ads. Harder to calculate an absolute value, but still possible to estimate I'd think.

Maybe it's not even a money value on the subscribers, but rather on the links they send. You could probably guestimate how many links each new subscriber brings on average and decide how much those links are worth.

Some of the value might be guessed at based on your business model, but I think you can probably come up with some kind of number to work with.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals