Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Great Example of a Successful Blog (With Video)

Array

Default A Great Example of a Successful Blog (With Video)

Candy Beauchamp is a virtual assistant who (in my mind) has really used the best of blogging to the nth degree to promote her personality and services to her prospective clients.

2 Minutes With A VA

What I like about this blog is its interactivity, the personal feel of the site and the ability to ask questions and have them answered by a real live person as opposed to searching through an FAQ.

I think the videos add a nice personal touch and reinforce the concept that there is a real live person (or persons) behind the official name of the service/company.

Wish I had thought of it first!
    Karen Braschuk
    Virtual Assistance: Office Support 911
    Transcription: Simply Transcripts

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KarenB View Post

Wish I had thought of it first!
    Just because she does it , doesn't mean that you can't. Many successful businesses are a combination of ideas, or a culmination of knowledge from failures.

She's basically video blogging. That's not a new concept or one that is protected in any way.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

That is a good blog Karen for all the reasons you mentioned. Definitely a personal touch and useful information in the videos too. I agree with eborg. There's no reason why you can't do the same or similar. What she's doing isn't so unique. Many bloggers are using video. Some mix a video post with a written post and some will mix both in the same post.

Why not give it a shot? It doesn't cost much for a decent video camera or a web cam and sites like YouTube make it easy to upload your video and get back the code to embed it on your site. Also by having the video on YouTube or others it opens you up to potential new audiences.

And you definitely have the personality for it.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Registered Member
    Array

Video marketing is a very effective method of promotion because you can express yourself better with it. You can also be creative with the editing to make it more appealing to your target audience.

Array

What a great idea 2 Minutes with a VA is! I've just started my own VA business and found her site to be very informative as well as entertaining. Gives me some great ideas!
    Susan
    Susan Mershon
    http://www.cvsols.com
    Business Solutions to Save You Time & Money

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Susan even if you don't decide to offer videos, blogging in general can be a great way to help market your site and you.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Array

this idea of video blogging hasnt hit the style blog world im in...so i posted it today on my blog.... my grandson or my webmistress probably know how to video off my camera..so i might give it a whirl ....
    ...i think it will be popular.... especially with my target readers.
    i could give a paint demonstration or maybe show the hurly burly of an auction.... ..ann
    Last edited by greenoak; 12-11-2009 at 06:40 PM.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Even better Ann if no one is doing it in your world yet. Being the first has a lot of advantages.

Array

I'm definitely interested in blogging, just not sure how to get started. Silly question, do you have a separate website for blogging or do you use your business site?
    Susan Mershon
    http://www.cvsols.com
    Business Solutions to Save You Time & Money

Array

I use my business site, others separate. I like having them together, so that's what I do :-)