Thread: Private Cell Number to Clients?

Array

Default Private Cell Number to Clients?

Hi All,

I have read some different books and articles that offer two points of view on giving your Private cell phone number to clients.

One side suggests giving your cell number to all and anyone, which means that they can contact you any time of the day or night. While the other side suggest's that maybe giving you cell number to clients should be restricted to the better clients or made to sound like something special you do only for a couple of clients.

What is your opinion on this, personally i have my cell number on my business card, so anyone with my business card has the number. Which is not a problem very rarely get calls outside business hours.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Array

I only have one cell phone and everyone gets it. My business hours are posted as 7 days a week 8am to 9pm. But, it's still rare that I get a call after 5pm or on Sunday. It works well as long as you're willing to turn the phone off when you don't want to be bothered.
    Steve B

Array

All my existing customers have my cell phone number. I let all of my calls go to voice mail. I return calls 3 times a day: 9am - 1pm - and 4pm. Customer's are made aware of this by the message that is played when they call. Interruptions are kept to a minimum this way and I get a heck of a lot more done.

Array

Rockman - this sounds like a pretty good idea, especially if people leave some detail in the message, it could even help to keep the length of conversation down because you can prepare somewhat.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Ideally I'd like to have an 800 number for clients, but the need isn't there to justify it at the moment. My clients have my number, though I do have different rings set to identify a personal call any a business call and an unknown call.

During business hours I'll answer client calls or get back to them within a few minutes if I can't take the call. After hours voice mail takes the call. I may or may not listen to any message left after hours and sometimes I will call back that night. It depends on what the call was about.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

I like that idea Rockman!

My cell phone number is my work number - if I'm in the middle of a project for someone else I don't answer the phone and I'll return the call later. I don't accept work calls after 6 or 7 in the evening (depends on when we have dinner) and I may or may not listen to the messages - I rarely get calls that late or on the weekend anyway - usually only right at deadline time on a big project.
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing