Thread: Growing my Manufacturing Business B2B or B2C?

Array

Default Growing my Manufacturing Business B2B or B2C?

Hello,
    I will appreciate some help here. My wife owns a new cosmetics manufacturing business and we were wondering which path would be better to direct our efforts, B2B or B2C. Selling to businesses (SPAs, Beauty Salons..) is more profitable, but competition is huge, on the other hand, B2C is easier but it requires a lot more marketing work to reach volume and break-even. Any advise will be highly appreciated. The company is www.4everalive.com Thank you!

Personally, I think B2B would probably work best for your cosmetics business. Getting a salon or spa as a customer will (hopefully) generate repeat business on a much larger scale. Consumers are fickle and may not buy more product in the future. Even if they do, the volume won't be there unless you reach a LOT of them. It's much easier to maintain contact with a handful of business customers and keep them happy, rather than constantly marketing to reach new consumers. Plus, it is much easier dealing with businesses than the general public. People like to complain about everything!