Thread: Google Reviews Question

Default Google Reviews Question

Our restaurant sometimes gets a one star review that is not intended for us. They will say our chicken wings were no good but we do not serve chicken wings. We can comment to their comment, but this does not affect the one star review. Apparently one one star review will knock you down .1 (so if you were 4.6 you would now be 4.5). And you have to receive about 25 five star reviews to make up for that one one star. So far we have found contacting Google about this a waste of time. Does anyone have experience with this and how to handle it?

Cheers,
    Bob

Unfortunately, I do not have experience with this but I believe if you create a positive image for your restaurant on social media platforms such as Instagram and TikTok specifically, this will draw negative attention away from the google reviews!

Array

Blog Entries

I think in general people are willing to overlook a few 1 star reviews and to some extent even expect it. Any restaurant that only had 5 star reviews and no negative experiences at all, I would assume was a fake profile with fake reviews. Nothing wrong a 4.5. People will forgive the 1 star.

I agree! Anything with only good reviews I would look at as fake/spam as well. Also, I believe that people do not pay as much attention as they used to to reviews with social media today. Most people are looking for visual representations now.