Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advertising on your vehicle

Array

Default Advertising on your vehicle

I haven't done any adverts on my car yet, but I have a positive feeling about this... as it's an inexpensive way of advertising your business and lots of people can see your message.

I'm going to put this advert on the back windscreen (is it called vinyl?)... and am thinking of something like this (I do computer repairs, most of the time on-site as I don't have a shop):

First option:

Computer Problems?
    call TECHMATE on
    mobile phone no / home office no

Second option:

Computer Problems
    mobile phone no / home office no
    call TECHMATE for IMMEDIATE support!

Do you think I'm using the right words?

Thanks
    Last edited by Dan F; 10-05-2009 at 04:25 AM. Reason: ...added option 2
    Regards,
    Daniel

I like the second one because it tells me what you do and tells me what you can do for me -immediate support.

Array

Thanks for your opinion

Would it really make any difference if I had to put the contact numbers last instead of in between, or not?
    Regards,
    Daniel

Array

It wouldn't matter either way. Both sound fine to me.
    Steve B

Array

Either are fine. The shorter the better. If you forward one phone number to the other, I'd use only one. There's nothing worse for someone than to get only part of a phone number because of too much reading.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

I prefer the first one because the word IMMEDIATE could get you in trouble if you cannot always provide the immediate support. Maybe "Get support FAST" might be be better and still descriptive. I also agree with using one phone number only. Keep it simple. Your viewer may very well have less than 5 seconds to read it.

The other reason I prefer the first one is the phone # is on the bottom. This is the best way to do it because of the order the information is processed by the viewer. Putting the phone in the middle will be surprisingly less effective.

Also make sure to use large letters in plain block (like Arial or Helvetica with a 3" minimum height). As a former sign guy (and yes it is vinyl), use white on the outside of the glass. It will provide the best readability. It's not very artsy, but it is effective. This is a case where you don't want an artist getting "creative" with it.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

If you can offer immediate service, that sounds great. It gives a sense of urgency, and if someone is looking for such service, chances are they are wanting it soon.
    Twitter: ShredderClay Tumblr: Shredder-Clay Recycle with your Paper Shredder, let me give you a few pointers how... use them in crafts, in shipping, in your compost pile....

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I like the first one because that's how people are accustomed to seeing information presented. First you say what you do, and they you say how you can be contacted. If you play with that order, some people will miss the contact info.

Definitely only use one number. Two numbers is too much to try and remember, particularly when you might only see the message for a brief moment.

Array

Till now I've always went on site in a few minutes (or at the client's earliest). Usually I get to know if the call is urgent or not, and usually the clients themselves tell me that I can go tomorrow, or evening the same day. But if it's urgent, it's not a problem as I don't have a retail shop, so I can go on-site at anytime.

cbscreative, I've got it and that's the way he did it. I think he used Arial (or a very similar font, but very readable and not fancy) and it's very neat. Also he did the letter all caps without even telling me, so he must know what he's doing. Had to remove the first sentence though as we both noticed a spelling mistake after sticking it lol, but everyone can make a mistake. I've moved the phone numbers to the bottom, as it makes more sense. Still made use of the 'Immediate' words though.

Hope I'll get some work from this

Thanks for your suggestions!
    Regards,
    Daniel

Yes, the phone # on the bottom makes sense because once I'm interested I'll naturally look for the number. Also, like said already, I'd stick to one number. What reason for 2 numbers? It's slight but still too much info.