My girlfriend and I teach acrobatics and we recently registered an LLC: jacobanddebbieacro llc. I got started on the form for registering an EIN and then ran into problems. The EIN form said that I need to register temporarily as a partnership. What does this mean? I wanted an LLC for the legal separation. Will I still have this with a partnership.