Thread: Need a web site

Array

Default Need a web site

Good morning all. I haven't been here in a while but it hit me today there are some very knowledgeable people here who could probably help. In this slow time I have decided i really want to focus on ways to improve and grow my business. I do HR Consulting. Right now it is basically a side hustle but I would like to grow it. That said I am looking to build a pretty simple web site. I know a lot of people here use WordPress, can you talk to me about that? I see basic plans are $8-$45 a month. My thought is the basic would be fine. A web site for my business would basically be who I am, what we do, and contact info. What does that monthly plan cover? Is that hosting services and all?

It doesn't have to be WordPress exclusively, I am open to hearing any options. As you can tell I am new to this. Thank you.

Array

It sounds like you are looking at the WordPress version at WordPress.com. I would suggest the one at WordPress.org is a better option. Most hosting companies have a set up that lets you install it with one click. There are tons of free templates as well as some pretty spiffy ones that are not free but it is only a one time charge. There are thousands of free plugins and although you would have to pay for hosting it would likely cost you less than at WordPress.com.

The other option that is not too bad but would not be my first choice is Wix.com
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com

Apart from Wordpress, Weebly is also a nice alternative for website development. It's paid version of development brings a lot of perks.

FC Financial LLC
    Array

Linux Hosting - $59.00 per year
    Unlimited Web Space for Content
    Unlimited Bandwidth for Web Site Promotion
    Unlimited Sub Domains
    Unlimited Starter Email Accounts
    SSL Included
    MySQL Databases
    File Management – FTP
    SSH Access
    Advanced DNS
    Control Panel Access

Select from several Content Management Platforms:

WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, CMS Made Simple, Compsr, concrete 5,
    Get Simple, Web Site Baker, Mambo,

Optional:
    Web Site Builder with 200 Templates
    E-Commerce Builder
    Mobile Web Site Builder

For a simple site I would use a hosting company that has a simple web site builder. Wordpress can be a beast to learn. We have a web site builder that is very simple to use. We also offer Wordpress as well.

Array

Thank you everyone for reaching out. After talking to a friend about this it turns out we have a mutual acquaintance who can build and maintain it for me. He is working on it now.