Thread: LLC dissolved due to not filing annual report. Should I just start a new one?

Default LLC dissolved due to not filing annual report. Should I just start a new one?

I started an LLC in Florida a few years back. Due to personal reasons, I was unable to start the business. The LLC was administratively dissolved due to not filing an annual report. I looked at the fees associated with reinstatement. I would have to pay around $377. This would include the reinstatement fee ($100) and 2 years of annual report fees ($277) for a total of $377.

It is $125 to start a new LLC. I would like to keep the name, but it is showing unavailable because the state hold the name for 1 year if it is dissolved for not filing an annual report. I'm not sure if I can contact them to see if I can get it voluntarily dissolved to free up the name.

One thing I did not do is publish the LLC in a newspaper at the time of formation. Can I still do that now if I do the reinstatement?

Should I just opt for the new formation of an LLC? I don't want to change the name as I've setup accounts with vendors with that LLC name.

Banned
    Array

Officially dissolving an LLC is important because, if you don't, you can be held personally liable for the unpaid debts and taxes of the LLC. Many states levy a fee against LLCs each year and, if you don't properly dissolve a company, that fee will continue to be charged.

FC Financial LLC
    Array

Pay the fees for reinstatement and chalk it up to business experience.

OR

Change the Name slightly and registered a new - Example , if your old name was LLC , Register and go with L.L.C.
    Dave Lambert, Business Consultant
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    1-727-233-1111