Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online Businesses - Do You Even Need a Business Phone Number Anymore?

Array

I am the same with my contact details on my website. The second link in the side navigation is Contact. It list's office number, fax number, postal address, i have also listed mobile number, however listed it as messagebank, as i very rarely answer incoming calls on my mobile, not sure why just sort of habit, i prefer to be prepared for a call before taking it which when in the office is much easier then when out and about on my mobile. This is primarily because most calls i get on either are pricing queries and if i am in the office i have internet right in front of me to look things up but not always when i am out of the office.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Default Do You Even Need a Business Phone Number Anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by KingHippo View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've never called Amazon.com up before and I don't even think they have a phone number...probably a lot of online businesses don't have one anymore.

With the ability to answer questions with a FAQ, e-mail people, use online form submissions and even use online live in-person chat all from your web browser, is a business phone number even necessary anymore? If you think its necessary, who would you recommend I get a toll-free phone number from?
    Most definitely you need a phone number! As a customer and a business owner, I understand the importance of customer service and being able to talk to a "real" person when you have questions (or doubts) about a business.
    This is a MUST HAVE investment for any business and you need to have it prominently displayed on your site.
    SOC
    SouthernOfficeChairs.com
    ....where you'll find some of the lowest prices on quality office chairs and other items for your office and home.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernOfficeChairs.com View Post
    Most definitely you need a phone number! As a customer and a business owner, I understand the importance of customer service and being able to talk to a "real" person when you have questions (or doubts) about a business.
    This is a MUST HAVE investment for any business and you need to have it prominently displayed on your site.
    SOC
    Your so right, SOC. If a potential customer has doubts and no way to contact you, they will just move on to the next business down the line. Contact information is so important, especially if the customer has concerns.

You definitely need a phone number. Email and chat help often suffices, but sometimes a problem telescopes and then the most efficient way to resolve it is to simply talk to another human being.

With telecommunications being as inexpensive as they are these days, it doesn't make economic sense to forgo the business phone number.
    Access Communications
    Digital Marketing, Content Creation and Web Development
    Winner, MarCom Gold Award 2012