Thread: Ideas for having employees handle cash

Default Ideas for having employees handle cash

Hi,

My business transacts in cash and I am trying to wrap my head around how to manage this when I am offsite.

When an outside sales person comes by dropping off cash and I am not around, what is a best practice to make sure my employee deposits the full amount?

Is there some sort of device? I am picturing a cash counting machine that also doubles as a safe. Basically an ATM but those are very expensive.

If you are wondering, we have a bank account but have not been able to move entirely past this cash issue and it is keeping me tied down to the business location more than I otherwise would be.

Thank you!

Array

One option would be to have something like a numbered receipt pad and require the employees to give each customer who pays cash a receipt and then put up a very noticeable signs that says something like "$ 50.00 in store credit if you pay cash and the employee fails to give you a receipt." That might need some tweaking but you can see the idea.
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com

Array

As Turboguy said, give receipts and just have your employee place all funds received in a safe while keeping tabs on who dropped off how much.
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Start Up Company
    Array

Your whole business proceedings are offline? To avoid inconvenience, you can cross check the amount of payment with customer, making those payments.