Thread: Need Advertising Ideas

Default Need Advertising Ideas

I am looking for just what sort of advertising I should be doing. My site is about 20 years old and sell medieval items like weapons, armor, clothing, jewelry.... Sales were down last year and continuing this year. I think its a combination of increased competition and some technical website issues I've had. Due to selling "weapons" I am limited by paid marketing. Facebook won't let me do any ads that link to my website. I run some that get me new newsletter subscribers, but that's about the best I can do. I use google shopping and have some success. It is weird though because I have over 100 items on my feed, but the same 6 items seem to get all the clicks. I think there is room for improvement here, but not sure how much. I am not currently doing google search ads. I was going to, but nobody else currently seems to be, so I worry they have a problem with weapons. It seems odd that google shopping has swords, but google search has no ads for swords. So I am looking for some new ideas on advertising as I need to increase sales. I'm constantly working on seo improvements, but that seems like a long term game and really need a quick jump in sales.

Fourways Media
    Array

Hello, just going off of what you’re saying I would recommend the following...

• Update your site, keep it modern, fast and clean
    • Keep up to date with Google’s updates
    • Make sure your site is mobile friendly
    • Use videos - campaigns, product reviews, first page on your website showing your top selling product(s)
    • Use multiple social media accounts but just be careful what you post as I know weapons is a big no no for Facebook
    • Try to build your own personal brand, show the face behind the business, tell your audience exactly why and or how you started your business.
    • Build an email list other than a newsletter list - running competitions has got to be one of the easiest ways
    • Connect with similar businesses

I hope these ideas help and please message me if you have any questions

Quote Originally Posted by fourwaysmedia View Post

• Use videos - campaigns, product reviews, first page on your website showing your top selling product(s)
    • Use multiple social media accounts but just be careful what you post as I know weapons is a big no no for Facebook
    • Try to build your own personal brand, show the face behind the business, tell your audience exactly why and or how you started your business.
    • Build an email list other than a newsletter list - running competitions has got to be one of the easiest ways

I think I have all that covered pretty well. But need something fast as most of those seem pretty long term. Last year google chrome decided to stop recognizing my security, and business went way down. By the time I figured out the issue I had already decided on a big update for the site. After fixing sales came back strong through February, but then the new site took over and has been slow since. New site seems better in every way, so not sure what issue is. I didn't think it would make a huge difference as I stayed on Bigcommerce and just changed from blueprint to stencil and got a new design. All the urls and stuff remained unchanged. Looking at something quicker for now in paid advertising. But as mentioned my options are limited. Going back to Bing ads for now and looking at options like Infolinks Adshop. Hoping for some good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by fourwaysmedia View Post

Right on the mark! Indeed, that's the short guide to advertise, but working with a specialized agency also makes sense especially in the long term.