Thread: Need feedback on new business name

Default Need feedback on new business name

Hi there, I own a small yoga business but am transitioning to a membership online site. I started my business in 2017 and named it Moja Yoga. Moja means one in Swahili (I volunteered in an orphanage in Africa when I was 18). The idea is we are all connected. Now, I don’t just teach yoga. I do birth work, Ayurveda, kids mindfulness and more. Essentially 360, holistic care. I’m currently rebranding everything and doing a new website etc. I’m wondering what your thoughts are on me keeping the name MOJA. Or if I should change it to M.BODY which is a play on words for ‘embody’. My and starts with m as well. I really need help picking a name. I also like the word interwoven, woven, easy to west, bloom etc

I don't see anything wrong with keeping the name Moja Yoga, however it does not seem to encompass all of the other services you are offering. I am sure your new website will list all of those other services. I kinda like M.BODY although the period in the middle may cause an issue in searches. You want something so that people will understand what the company does. Maybe Moja Body?

Keep in mind that a book seller named Amazon took over the world. And what do Apples have to do with phones and computers? Just go with a name you feel represents your company best!

Thanks so much for your feedback! I was also thinking the period would mess up SEO

Hello Megan, I like the name Moja Yoga, it is very catchy and short. However, it does not represent everything that you are offering within your business. You could change it to M.BODY which I also think is fun and catchy or you could just add something to your original name of Mojo Yoga. For example, it could be something like Moja Yoga and body works? Just suggesting an idea?