Thread: Small Warehouse - Question

Default Small Warehouse - Question

Hi All,

I need to rent a small warehouse for my business. Something in the range of 1,000 - 3,000 square feet. It is an online business, so i need to run the logistics out of the warehouse.

Has anyone had any experience with the lease negotiation? How about the maintenance of it? How did you find the experience of the signing and the running of it? I do not want to bogged down by the facility side of things.

Can anyone provide their story, lessons, or advice??

Thank you in advance

James
    CEO
    Buffalo Head sales

Read over the lease agreement and negotiate what you believe is fair. Often they will put in the lease that if the AC must be replaced, it is your responsibility to pay for it. You can negotiate that you will service the current unit, but not pay for a new one. You do not know how old the unit is or how well the previous tenet took care of it.

Array

I have rented two places. I would agree with Bobjob. Read the agreement and negotiate anything you don't agree with. Check the property carefully. Once you sign and move in you have little bargaining power. The first place I rented was a 3200 sq. ft. warehouse. The roof leaked terribly. I could not get the owner to do anything. We ended up putting plastic up that channeled the water into 55 gallon drums. When I moved out 6 years later they redid the roof since they had to to get another tenant. I had put a security deposit on the place. He was a total jerk on that when I moved out. There was an old electric garage door opener that quit working before I moved out. It was so old there were no parts for it. He made me pay to have it replaced. He was also jerky about some other things.
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com