Thread: Best Debit / Credit Card System / Service

Default Best Debit / Credit Card System / Service

I recently started a business in Houston and would like to starting receiving debit and credit cards as a form of payment from customers.

Are there any systems or services that you would recommend as a low cost options?

What are some best practices to employ in order to avoid scams when accepting credit/debit cards?

Thank you for your time and help!

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

How do you want to take payment? Over the phone? By sending invoices? On a website?

Have you spoken with your bank? Do they offer any options?

FC Financial LLC
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Budaz View Post
    I recently started a business in Houston and would like to starting receiving debit and credit cards as a form of payment from customers.

Are there any systems or services that you would recommend as a low cost options?

What are some best practices to employ in order to avoid scams when accepting credit/debit cards?

Thank you for your time and help!
    As a Start UP you may want to consider Square or a PayPal - they do not have the least expensive rates,
    but, you also are not saddles with any fixed monthly costs.

My rule of thumb for start ups - when you have steady sales of $10K to $15K per month,
    then look into a regular merchant account.

Lowest price on fees is NOT always the best route.

<removed>
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 02-20-2019 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Solicitation

We would like to take payment over the phone and in-person using a credit card reader. It seems like square is my best option since Bank of America charges a $9.95 monthly fee for their merchant services account.

We use Evalon, they work fine for us. We only take CC payment over the phone.

Stripe and PayPal while fairly easy to get started can also be very expensive (3-5%). In addition, they can shut your account down for no reason and hold your funds. The problem we see when we talk with merchants is that many of them do not know the payments space very well and are not aware of all the alternatives available to them in the marketplace. We go at this a little differently because we provide a competitive bidding marketplace for Payment Processing where customers can participate to lower their processing costs. Hit us up if you want to learn more about it.